In today’s episode, you will hear from Chris Testa-O’Neill, a thought leader in the Microsoft Data and AI space, currently part of the World Wide Learning team at Microsoft scaling his knowledge to thousands of people through his official Microsoft Learn content and Microsoft courses.
Top 3 Value Bombs:
- Why Microsoft is merging the DP-200 and DP-201 exams into one exam (DP-203)
- Automation and flexibility in data architectures are key for building out modern data architectures.
- One of the top reasons cloud projects fail is the lack of stakeholder buy-in from upper management
Why combine DP-200 and DP-201 into one data engineer exam DP-203?
With the launch Azure Synapse and how it integrates with your modern data architecture, it required significant changes to the exams DP-200 and DP-201. So Microsoft went to the drawing to board involving internal and external stakeholders to better design the exam to better test the skills of the data engineer but also being respectful of their time. After establishing the scope of the data engineering role, the technologies, it works with the tasks that they do Microsoft decided that it could all be covered within one exam. From a content perspective, the main addition to the exam is the use of Azure Synapse and how it integrates with the broader data ecosystem.
Renewing Your Certification:
Another great change Microsoft introduced recently is the ability to renew your existing certification by taking an assessment exam. These assessments will include topic updates made to the exam since you last took the exam. There are two renewal requirements first you must hold a valid Microsoft role-based or specialty certification that expires within approximately six months second, you must pass the associated assessment on Microsoft Learn before your certification expires. More details regarding certification renewal. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/renew-your-microsoft-certification)
Prepping for DP-203
Below are a few items to help you prepare for taking the DP-203 exam:
- Review the Microsoft learning paths and modules. These are great ways to better understand how the various components interact with each other and they also provide a little hand on practice. Many times these learning modules will provide mini-quizzes or practice questions. These do not necessarily represent questions that will be on the exam. The Microsoft teams that create the learning content are separate from those that create the exam questions. But the learning teams create modules based on the skills measured for the specific exam that are listed on the exam page.
- Review the skills measured list for the exam. (https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft.com/cms/api/am/binary/RE4MbYT). It’s a comprehensive list that covers everything you should know for passing the exam.
- General Documentation for the resources on the exam
- Exam DP-203: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/dp-203
Microsoft also updated the exam Designing and Implementing an Azure AI Solution AI-100, the new one is AI-102. What are the main changes with this update?
Still dealing with the same main technologies, the main update and the feedback that that team was getting was that the previous exam was to solution architecture orientated. Based on the exam objectives it’s very apparent that there’s going to be more focus on working with the API APIs and the SDKs.